2/26/2010

Latest update

I realized I have been slacking lately and due to the cancellation of a meeting I was blessed with the day off. My internship is going better then first anticipated I have built such strong rapport with the majority of the clients. Several of the clients request me for one on ones and to facilitate groups and classes. I have done everything in my power to enable the best for these men in their recovery as I am sure they know. I have decided to continue my education in the addiction field in the future in the mean time I am researching Aaron Becks work (Cognitive therapy) and Carl Jung. I have been left so thirsty for knowledge to the neglect of personal growth throughout my years of active addiction.
I have been soaking up all the experience provided to me at my placement like a sponge. I value everything there both good and bad. I have involved myself in every way possible from directing activities for the guys to tackling and challenge presented to me.

Outside of my placement I have still been pursuing my vigorous exercise, I just had to tweak the schedule alittle bit. I am still learning ancient writing systems and digging into as much mythology as possible. I have continued to pan flute religiously and look forward to our next family jam. My poetry is on hold somewhat but I still write every few weeks.
That's all I can think of for now.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds as if things are really going well. Glad to hear it. You are a different person from the olden days!!

    Can't wait to jam again. Next time you're at the cottage, we're only 10 minutes away, so it'll be easy to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast spending part of the day with Nick, Lisa & Mikki. After lunch we dropped Lisa and Mikki off and Nick and I did some running around together.

    Words can't express how proud we are of you Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After spending so much time with the old Nick and probably nagging a little bit at times, NO, most of the time, the change is amazing. Who knew about the real Nick that was trapped in there.

    I am so happy with the new man who has emerged.

    ReplyDelete