7/23/2009

Family Affair

So I was thinking even though I am still very much a virgin on the pan-flute and have along way to go. I discussed with my mom if she would be willing to learn auld lang syne or greensleeves on the guitar. Then I got to thinking if other family members would be willing to learn there parts as well. I was thinking auntie Wendy could play violin. Granny on the banjo or harmonica. and Uncle Ken with whatever he wants as I heard he's a genious with instuments. Lisa on her flute. and Grandma on the piano. To top it off Melissa volunteered to play the old whiskey jug. If anyone else can play and wants in let me no on blog. Also let me know what song or if u have a suggestion for another song

8 comments:

  1. Great idea, I'll play the fiddle as you suggested.

    How about You are My Sunshine and This Land is Your Land? Most people know them and they're pretty easy to play.

    What key is the pan flute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I have the music for Greensleeves. Ole Lang Syne I can't find tab music for it at all. What about Oh Susanne? Don't have the music for You are my Sunshine or This Land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its toned in G. and I'm game for whatever song. when is this jam going down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What songs for certain and we have to let Gryper , Mrs and Melissa know so they can start to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I forgot to click on the e-mail comments part ... if it's toned in G, Cheryl, you need your music to have one #.

    If whatever gets picked is in a different key, we can change it to G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're down on the long weekend for a Loney event on the Sunday. we'll be down Saturday, if that's too soon, we'll figure out another date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I checked with Mrs. G and she likes the idea, andshe suggested that another possibility is Shananoah, she has music for Shanandoah, Greensleeves, This land is your land, Oh Susanna.
    I don't do team sports.

    ReplyDelete