6/16/2009

4 Months

So today is 4 months for me. When I look back it is quite astounding at the journey I have already embarked on. In 4 months I have accomplished so much. After all the time of drinking and using I finally began to change. I suppose that I am greatly blessed. Most people have to strive to find there spirituality, mine was pretty much handed to me, although at a fairly high cost. In know way have I not earned every day of sobriety. With my vigorous training at the gym, attending meetings regularly, reading, schooling, doing homework and finding time for family. How I do it is pretty remarkable, I guess after such a roller coaster ride of a life, it actually feels good to be coasting along nicely before another huge hill. I know that I owe my sobriety to myself, as my teacher said. "There is not one person who gets you sober but yourself". Sure there is support that helps out huge, but in the end you make the choice to put down or pick up that drug/drink. Many people make the mistake of reallying on others for there emotional stability, then if that person leaves, you are left out the cold. That is why I make sureto be self reliant, know one determines sobriety but myself. If I ever do chose to pick up again it is know ones fault but my own. I hope that day never comes and I try to solidify my choices with my new found spirituality. Nothing beats self reliance but when you are blessed starting every a day with the gift of sobriety, the pulsing summer sun and the faint calling of a chickadee it only reminds you were true happiness lies.

2 comments:

  1. 4 months ... kudos for your stamina.

    We all get a different hand to play in the game of life. Sometimes you get an easy winning hand and other times you have to think about the best way pay your rotten cards. Sounds like you're playing the hand you were dealt really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a job well done and by you and only you. I admire what you have done and you are a real inspiration to every person out there. Where there is a will there is a way and you found both. Keep going forward.

    Congrats on the 4 months.....

    ReplyDelete